CHOOSING THE RIGHT SUPPLIER FOR YOU
Do you have a new custom part and are looking for a new manufacturing partner?
There are several things to consider when you have a new part or are looking for a new manufacturing partner:
- Does the part have complex design criteria?
- At VMS, we have an experienced and skilled on-staff engineering team that understands how to design for manufacturability. This is just the kind of challenge we like!
- Are you looking for engineering support for manufacturability?
- If you have a good concept and preliminary drawings but you don’t know what you don’t know, then contact us. We can review your concepts and make recommendations on how to make your product stronger, more reliable or more cost effective.
- Does your part have critical tolerances or stack up requirements?
- It is important that design and manufacturing work together to make a part that will work with other components and meet the critical tolerances each and every time. We have extensive experience meeting exacting customer expectations. Our in-house annealing and anodizing capabilities allow us to go beyond the standard to extraordinary. Our engineering and manufacturing teams work together, with the oversite of our project management team to ensure we deliver!
- Does your part need a high aesthetic requirement or need an unusual metal material?
- We can provide finishing options that span the spectrum, from no aesthetic requirements to highly critical aesthetic requirements. Our ability to source a variety of materials at the best possible price is a core competency of our purchasing organization. We buy material mill direct and focus our efforts on purchasing from U.S. sources.
- Is this a one-time project or an on-going project?
- On-going – We are proud of the fact that once customers start to work with us, they stay with us. Our customer portfolio, regardless of the industry, sees us as a partner they can count on day in and day out.
- One-time – Our focus is working with customers on a long-term basis. That being said, if your project meets many of the criteria described above, then we should talk about your project.
Questions to Consider
What is the forecasted volume for your project?
What does a project with Vollrath look like?
The Vollrath Manufacturing Services team is here to assist you every step of the way. We assign every project an experienced and dedicated project manager from the start. Every project goes through a gated review process to ensure that handoff from you to us is successful. With each gate, your project is reviewed and confirmed to meet your specifications and expectations.
Launching a new project is an expensive and risky endeavor, which is exactly why we are selective. If we aren’t the right fit for you, we will tell you that upfront. In the end, your success is our success and we want you to think of us as an extension of your team. We are behind the scenes, but fully invested in the on-time and on-budget launch of your project.